21st June 2013, Singapore – Sphere Conferences, the conference arm of media group Singapore Press Holdings, and SingHealth, Singapore’s largest academic healthcare cluster, today announced that they will jointly organise the country’s first global healthcare event – the Singapore International Healthcare Week (SIHW) – at the Marina Bay Sands from 19 to 21 August 2013.
The inaugural event is a new initiative by both organisations to provide a world-class learning and networking platform for healthcare leaders and administrators to exchange ideas, innovations and best practices.
This three-day event includes highly interactive congresses and a summit, covering a range of topics impacting the healthcare industry –
- Singapore Healthcare Management Congress
- Singapore Healthcare Enterprise Risk Management Congress
- Singapore Healthcare Supply Chain Management Congress
- Food Services in Healthcare Summit
There will be more than 80 plenary sessions, a poster competition and a large-scale exhibition, The Singapore International Healthcare Expo. The Expo will showcase more than 200 healthcare innovations and services ranging from medical equipment and supplies to information technology such as biometrics, data storage and RFID and food and nutrition services and security and surveillance systems.
The congresses will feature speakers from renowned and experienced healthcare professionals and industry experts such as –
- Mr Chen Yu-Ray, Chairman, Chang Gung Steering Committee, Chang Gung Medical Foundation, Taiwan
- Mr Kevin Sowers, President, Duke University Hospital, USA
- Mr David Hunter, Vice President, Supply Chain Management, Providence Health & Services, USA
- Ms Laurel Junk, Vice President, Supply Chain, Kaiser Permanente, USA
- Ms Margaret Duguid, Pharmaceutical Advisor, Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care, Australia
- A/Prof Low Cheng Ooi, Chief Medical Informatics Officer, Ministry Of Health, Singapore
- Dr Chong Yoke Sin, Chief Executive Officer, Integrated Health Information Systems, Singapore
Mr Tan Jack Thian, Group Chief Operating Officer and Group Chief Procurement Officer at SingHealth, said: “With rising patient expectations and healthcare landscapes that are rapidly evolving, healthcare organisations in Asia face growing challenges in areas such as hospital management, supply chain and enterprise risk management. To overcome these challenges, it is critical for healthcare providers to continuously look for innovative practices for better care delivery, to embark on academic journeys and to form strong collaborations with like-minded partners locally and internationally. The Singapore International Healthcare Week is conceptualised and organised with these priorities in mind.”
“With Sphere Conferences as our co-organiser, participants can look forward to an even more robust and holistic programme with opportunities to share best practices and learn from leading organisations as well as to explore and develop new business relationships”, added Mr Tan.
Mr Chua Wee Phong, Chairman of Sphere Conferences, said: “We are delighted to work with SingHealth in developing our country’s healthcare sector. Over the years, this region has seen the emergence of a greying population and significant increase in healthcare awareness. We believe that SIHW is a timely development and presents healthcare professionals from around the world the opportunity to learn from the best in the field through exchange of insights and management strategies. Our collaboration in building this anchor event will further reinforce and elevate Singapore’s status as the leading medical and healthcare hub in the region.”
For more information on the Singapore International Healthcare Week, please contact Ms Karin Lee of Sphere Conferences at telephone: (65) 6848-6054 or email: Karin@sphereconferences.com. More information can also be found on the official website at www.sihw.com.sg.